At three years old lexi know your letters A,B,C,D, H, and L. She can recognize any of those on signs, in books, or anywhere they are printed. She can only write L and H so far. She wont even try to write the others really. She is getting good at coloring in the lines and tracing shapes, letters, and colors. She loves doing home school with mom.
She is a huge helper whether it is cooking dinner, doing laundry, playing with, feeding or otherwise engaging brother, or gardening.
She is hilarious. She says the funniest things all day long and really brightens my day. The other day I was feeling grumpy and annoyed and she goes, "mom, let me say a prayer." "ok, lex go ahead." "Dear Heavenly Father....(all the usual stuff)...please help my mommy to be happy and not so angry." Wow. That hit me hard. I was happy the rest of the day. I love how much faith she has and love for her family, Heavenly Father, and the gospel. She is a great example to us.
She is becoming quite the song writer too. She makes up songs all day long. Some are silly (you don't know what time it is!! Don't tell me what time it is cause' I got a watch, I got a watch, so I know what time it issssss!!!), and some are so sweet and heartfelt they make me tear up (You are beautiful. Yes you are beautiful. You are a child of God. He LOOOVEEES you!!!!)
I am so grateful I have got to spend almost every second of her life with her so far. I really do cherish my time with my kids. They are growing up too fast.
Her third birthday was so much fun! We had another great turn out. I am so grateful to have so many great friends around us. We played musical chairs, dancing, and pinata. She requested candy-land theme so that is what we did :)
(While I was making the cake, along with her help, lexi squealed with delight and said, "eeeeehhhh!!!! Mommy, It is PERFECT!! Just PERFECT. I can't wait to put it in my belly tomorrow :) )
The "Candy Shop"
She thought the nice guy at the store gave her a balloon for her birthday... Actually I bought the balloon so the nice guy just filled it up, but she thought everything was all about her on her birthday. When we were driving around that night a gas station had christmas lights lit up, she goes "Awe, how nice! They lit up their store for my Birthday."
Grandma and grandpa gave lexi a new bike for her birthday!! We were all sad they couldn't be there, but a 12 hour drive is sometimes just too much. We were able to face time right before the party though, so they felt like they got to experience it first hand.
She made her wish
musical chairs was a little confusing but she really wanted to try it, so we did.
pure happiness. Her face was so lit up all day long. She was just giddy with delight.
That night as I was putting her to sleep she goes, "thank you so much mommy. This was my best day ever!!!! It was so perfect. I am soooo happy." That right there made it all worth it. I would do anything to give her a day so full of joy and happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment