Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Feeling Old, but Grateful

You know those moments when you feel old?  I've been having more and more of those the past few months, but February 23, it hit me again.  I have a FOUR year old!!  How the heck did that happen?  I feel like I blinked, then bam.  There she was.  Four years old playing barbies, talking like a teenager, going to plays, and driving her electric car around the block.  We have been going on more and more mommy daughter dates, playing board games together, and doing mani pedi's.  I feel old, but I must say I am loving this new phase.  

She is so grown up and so much fun.  Her sense of humor is coming out more and more everyday :)  She is funny!  She is so smart.  She is so sweet.  I love my lexi girl, attitude and all.  I know she was born with her strong willed personality for a reason.  She needs it to be able to stand up for herself in these latter days.  She needs to be able to stand up for whats right and defend her testimony, her faith, and her religion in all circumstances.  Although at times it is difficult, inconvenient, and downright frustrating; ultimately, I am so grateful for her strong willed personality.  

At four lexi's favorite things are: ice cream, cake, sugar, cheerios, steak, chicken, mac and cheese, barbies, playing dress up, playing doctor, getting massages from mommy, being read to, doing home school, getting her nails painted, going to Disney Land, going to the park, going to movies, and being a great big sister.  She is able to read three letter words and writes all kinds of made up words, or sounded out words. She can count to 60, knows the 12th and 13th articles of faith, write any word I spell out for her, draw people with detail (nose, eyes, ears, mouths, hair, zits (hahaha)), and simple addition and some subtraction.  
For lexi's birthday I knew exactly what I wanted to get her, even though when we asked, all she said was something pink :)  Grandma and I pitched in to buy her a barbie dream house, car, bike, scooter, and 25 barbies :)  She was sooo excited when she came down stairs on her birthday.  She goes, "What is this?!?!"  "A doll house!"  "well, did you guys forget to wrap it or something?"  Then when she was opening all her presents she opened the one with all the boy barbies and she goes, "Boy barbies? BOY BARBIES!!!! AHHHH!"  She was thrilled.  Shes spent all of her free time every day since her birthday playing with all of her awesome new toys.


Her birthday was on a Sunday this year, and she chose to wear her new princess dress, Cinderella dress up shoes, and Elsa crown.  She looked pretty dang cute.  On the way into church she was waving to everyone with only 4 fingers and saying, "Hello! today, I am four."  She loved being sang to in primary.   

Lexi chose the theme of her birthday this year.  She wanted a tea party, so that's exactly what I did.

We started off with a painting craft... 
in our ghetto painting smocks.


Each girl received a princess tutu and some pearl necklaces, along with a customized bracelet with their initials.
We would come get the food then serve it to each princess.

lexi chose this cake when we were looking at different ones... she actually wanted a 5 tier, but I convinced her this was good enough.  She loved it!!  "Mommy, its so perfect.  I wish I could just stick my face in it right now!!!"





Grandma, Zach, and Cj came down to celebrate with us :)

Overall, it was an awesome day for my favorite girl!  All the stress and overwhelm of the party was totally worth it when my little girl looked at me as I was pouring her tea and says, "come here you little mommy," and precedes to give me a great big hug and says, "you're the best mommy!  This is the best party ever.  Everything's perfect."  She is the best and I think she is perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment