Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Love is in the Air

We worked hard making valentines this year.  Lexi wanted to give each of her friends a special prize so they knew how special they were to her.  After searching on pinterest together, she decided she HAD to do the S'more ones.  "I need s'more friends like you."  I was so proud of Lexi for doing it all by herself (minus printing and cutting out the valentine, and stapling the bag shut).  She broke the graham crackers and put two squares in each bag, added one chocolate bar and one giant marshmallow, and wrote her name on each valentine.  
Gauge wanted to make his friends something special too. So I cute out a bunch of hearts on the cricut and let him color them.  Then we glued a hug to each one so he could give all of his friends a few hugs. He really liked drawing on the first 10... then he got bored so lexi finished up the last half for him. 



The morning of the big party lexi reminded me they needed boxes to put their valentines in.  She requested a mermaid.  After numerous searches online I found NOTHING.  I finally just threw this little mermaid together.  It turned out pretty good for having nothing to copy from.
Gauge's was much easier.  I found a shark online and decided to that with a few moderation's.  It looked really cute, and he loved it! He kept having it eat my hand, foot, nose, and anything else he could.

We had so much fun at the valentines day party!  Everyone brought a snack to share and enough valentines for everyone.  The kids loved passing out treats to all their friends and the adults loved snacking on all the yummy food, win win.


No comments:

Post a Comment