Sunday, March 23, 2014

I Cant See


The past few months, Lexi has been complaining about not being able to see.  I didn't really believe her, then at her 4 year check-up I had her read the vision chart. She perfectly read ever line.  Nonetheless, she continued to beg for glasses.  So decided to get her some placebo glasses from Clair's.  Every time we go to the mall (which is not often, once every other month... maybe?) I say, "Hey lexi, want to get your ears pierced?!"  "No, I'm good. maybe when I'm older."  Well, I guess she was older a few weeks ago when we went because when I asked (expecting another no) I was caught off guard by a,"Yep, lets do it. Come on.  Let's do it now." 

She picked out which earrings she wanted and sat so still while she got them pierced.  She said it didn't even hurt at all.  She didn't cry one bit!  


Then she picked out her glasses.  She put them on, and just like that my baby grew up.  She is adorable.  I absolutely love her spunky personality!! I like how she doesn't care what other people think and does what makes her happy.  She is genuinely kind and caring for those around her, and an overall happy, optimistic girl.


I wasn't paying much attention to Gauge while i helped Lexi with her ears and glasses.  We got to the store we parked outside of (clear on the other side of the mall) and I looked up as he got out of the stroller with his loot of stolen goods!  Yep, and I love AM (some Disney pop star) wallet and some glasses of his own.  Boy was he disappointing when he didn't get to keep his shoplifted treasures.  

How adorable is that face?!?!   My favorite part of her getting glasses was the next morning when she came downstairs and said, "Good morning mom! It sure is nice being able to wake up and see in the morning!  Everything looks so much better when you can see it."  Placebo effect worked.  She kept those things on for a week strait before she stepped on them and broke them in half.  Glad they weren't real glasses. Onward and upward.  

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love reading about their adventures! Caleb "shoplifted" some soap once from a bath and body works. whoops! The lady acted like I was crazy when I returned it. hehe.

    ReplyDelete