It’s unreal how your whole world can be turned upside down in a matter of a single second. In one second lives can be unexpectedly lost, leaving families so shaken and surprised it seems like their world will never be the same. And the truth is… it won’t. Right now my heart is so full for my aunt Teresa and her six children. My family has lost an uncle, a father, a brother, a son, and an amazing man.
My uncle’s life was taken in a head on collision yesterday afternoon. His death was so sudden, so unexpected, and so devastating. He left behind a mother and father, six siblings, and twenty-six nieces and nephews on our side of the family; yet, more importantly he left behind a wife and six small children.
No one expected this to happen. No one made plans for if this did happen. One morning he is at breakfast, the next he is gone. When I heard the news yesterday, I felt complete shock. It really made me take the time to think about my own life.
How am I living my life? Would I be ready to meet my savior if I died in an hour? Honestly, I don’t think I would. I have a lot I still need to work on. We need to always be prepared by living the gospel teachings. I need to make sure I do my personal scripture study every day, teach my children the fundamentals of the gospel, share my testimony more fully with those around me, and make sure my home is a place where the spirit can thrive.
As devastating as this was, it really woke me up and made me look at life with a new determination. It’s sad that it takes such a tragedy to make me more fully appreciate what time I do have here on this earth. I am so grateful for every second I get to spend with my dear husband and wonderful children, as well as with my friends and my family. I am especially grateful today for my sweet baby that is due to make his earthly appearance any day now. I can only hope that as my Uncle Craig returned to heaven and my precious Gauge is waiting to make his way into my arms, that they will cross paths and be able to have a while to visit with each other. Uncle Craig, you were loved by many and will be truly missed.
No comments:
Post a Comment