I don’t know what it is about putting my daughter to bed, but I always come up with the best ideas of what to blog about…. Then, I fall asleep and totally forget what they were. Another place I have great ideas is in the shower…. But no one will believe me because as soon as I get out of the shower, out of my head the ideas go.
I am lucky today, however, because I finally remember what I wanted to blog about. As I got into our bed last night, my sweet husband leaned over and gave me a kiss and said I love you. I am sure he has done that hundreds of times, but for some reason, last night, it meant so much more to me. His voice was sweeter and softer than usual and I could tell how much he meant it.
I don’t think men realize that it is the little things that melt our hearts and make us fall in love all over again. It isn’t the expensive jewelry or fancy cars they buy us; although, don’t get me wrong… what girl doesn’t like a new piece of jewelry? But more so it’s when they take the trash to the curb without being asked or pick of the toy room before bed. It’s when they hug, kiss, and play with our kids. Those are the moments when I love my husband the most.
Being a stay at home mom isn’t all glamour and gold. It is exhausting. We work all day and at the end of the day, what do we have to show for it? A messy house, sleeping kids, and no proof of what we did all day. It is hard to keep going in any job when it doesn’t seem like anyone notices what you do. I feel guilty about needing praise and appreciation for my job, but I do. I need to hear my husband say, “The house looks nice,” or “Thanks for breakfast.” I don’t need it every day, just some days. It’s my form of Prozac.
Bravo. :)
ReplyDelete