Friday, March 23, 2012

A Name, a Blessing, and a Party

(handsome litte dude in his blessing duds)

Sunday, March 11, 2012, we blessed Gauge in sacrament meeting of our new home ward, Yorba Linda 3rd Ward.  It was his first official priesthood blessing.  I feel so grateful to have a husband worthy to hold and use the priesthood to bless my life and the lives of our children.  Tyson gave Gauge a beautiful blessing.  The spirit was very strong during those precious moments as Heavenly Father used Tyson as a tool to talk to Gauge.  Gauge was given some beautiful promises.  I hope that Tyson and I can raise him in a way that encourages him to make choices so that all those promises come to pass. 
After church, we invited everyone back to our place for a brunch.  Our peaceful house from that morning was turned into a MADHOUSE!  It was pretty fun having so many of our family members here to celebrate Gauge.  Although we missed those who were unable to make it, we had fun with the 42 plus people that were able to come.  We served Crepes, muffins, wake em’ up breakfast casserole, bacon and egg omelet muffins, and fruit salad.  I felt bad I didn’t prepare more food.  We ran out of everything before everyone even got firsts.

(Trying to get 42 people to pose in the same picture is darn near impossinle, especially if 1/2 those people are kids. Here is a handful of the people who came to celebrate)
It was fun to be able to have a house big enough (though barely) to entertain that many people.  Surprisingly, all four walls were still standing at the end of the party and I didn’t have a huge mess to clean up thanks to the help of my fabulous sister-in-law.



(the happy, and sleep-deprived, new parents)



(Lexi is going through the whole I-don't-want-to-pose-for-pictures phase)





("Buddy, look at the camera!!")

3 comments:

  1. You and Ty have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Desi! I love your blog! And I loved reading about the day you had Gauge! I always think I don't know if I will love another baby as much as I love Ashlyn so I absolutely loved reading what you said about the first time you held Gauge! So precious!!

    ReplyDelete