It’s official. Lexi is TWO! I can hardly believe how fast the past two years have gone. I still remember going to the hospital to have her like it was yesterday. Although she has her days, for the most part, Lexi is a happy, helpful, kind, smart, and fun girl.
Some of her favorite things to do right now include bubbles, reading books, playing at the park, cutting fruit and helping with dinner, playing in her play kitchen, coloring (only with a pen though, she doesn’t like crayons or colored pencils), playing dress-up, taking care of her babies, helping with Gauge, going for walks, to Disney land, and going to the beach.
She also loves to stand on the fireplace mantle and perform. She dances and sings on her “stage” at least 30 times a day. She is careful to applaud herself after each performance and encourages everyone else to do the same. Some of her favorite songs to sing are Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, Popcorn Popping, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and some self-composed songs. She has some pretty awesome dance moves. She must get that from her dad because I got white girl rhythm… or basically no rhythm at all.
She knows a few colors, can count to six (one, two, one, five, six), and she knows most animals and what sounds they make. Although most people would disagree, lexi is insistent that a monkey says, “No more monkeys on the bed.” Every time we ask her what a monkey says, that is her response haha. She has a few best friends in our ward (mostly they’re just the kids of the girls I like to hang out with).
Lexi is a very caring girl. She is very sensitive to the feelings of those around her. If she makes me sad or says something rude and I tell her it hurts my feelings, she immediately rubs my back and says, “sorry mom! I sorry. It ok. No be sad.”
One of her favorite new things to say is “No way!” She also loves talking on her play phone, actually she loves talking on real phones too. She is usually talking to Papa or Daddy.
We have loved having lexi in our family for the past two years. I am so blessed to be her mommy.
We had a big birthday bash with five of the seven other family members who have birthdays in February to celebrate Lexi’s big day. I really wanted to have a party for her with friends from the ward, but I had to pick my stressors. With a two year old infant, I figured I was sleep-deprived enough without having to plan and execute a big birthday bash. Sorry Lexi, I promise next year you’ll have a party!
Cute! Good job choosing your stressors. :) Hope you are feeling good!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your beautiful little girl!!!!!
ReplyDelete