The other night I was rocking my babies. (Yes, I rock both at the same time and then struggle to put kid one in her bed without dropping kid two or waking up kid one. It's not entirely by choice, more by necessity because poor tyson can't hold either of the kids at bedtime without them screaming their heads off and neither can fall asleep while the other wails on and on). Anyways, I really enjoy rocking them to sleep every night. It is awesome to hold my sweet kids and sing to them and rock them until they fall peacefully asleep.
I usually sing them primary songs. I have about a ten song playlist that I repeat every night, mostly because those are the songs that pop into my head. I was kind of getting sick of singing the same old songs over and over again so the other night I busted out the primary song book on my iphone and went down the list singing every song I knew the words too. It is amazing how strong the spirit can be in one dark room. Our church is so good. The message it shares is priceless. The emphasis on families is remarkable. As I sat there singing the primary songs that night, I was overwhelmed by feelings of gratitude. I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day-saints. I am grateful that our church has a primary program and I am so very grateful for the strength, support, and guidance it provides children as they grow up.
Loved your comments. And I had to smile because I would do the same. And I didn't know very many songs either. I would sing songs I learned by reading those books that you could push a button to go along with the story. I didn't have to do the juggle between sleeping kids though. Good luck
ReplyDelete