The past two months have been tough, well mostly the first
four weeks of the past two months. The
last two weeks or so have been awesome!
I have my kids back on some kind of schedule and routine. We do well on routines, not so much without
them. When we’re not on a routine I feel stressed,
the kids both cry more, and I feel like I can’t catch my breath. I guess overwhelmed is the word to describe
it. Since I got them back on track I am
finally feeling productive and happy again.
I’m even thinking I could handle having two more kids (eventually of
course, but that’s a big step because up until recently I had decided I couldn’t
handle having any more kids… life with two kids really rocked my world). My
house is clean, dinners are made, and
crafting has commenced (Lex and Gauge both take a 2hr nap in the afternoon and
are asleep by their 8 pm bedtime, which gives me a good 4 hrs a day to get things
done).
At two months, Gauge is a 12 lb 3 oz, 24 inch long, happy
boy. He only wakes up once to eat at
night and eats at 8 am, 12 pm, 4 pm, and 7:45 pm. I love having a schedule with him. It keeps him happy and helps me know what’s
wrong with him when he isn’t. He likes
being held but is content to sit in his bouncy chair, play on his play mat, or
sit in his bumbo. He loves his big
sister and will watch her play. Gauge
smiles and laughs a lot these days. His
laugh is one of the cutest things I’ve ever heard! We think he is a lot of fun and of course, the
most adorable little man we’ve ever seen.
We are truly enjoying his presence in our family.
Adorable! Congrats on "surviving." :) There will still be tough days, so don't forget to take care of you!! Love you! Sweet kids!
ReplyDeleteso cute!! this really encourages me for my future of two kids in a few months, hopefully they will be both be on schedule within two months! you are awesome!
ReplyDelete