No matter how hard we tried to help Lexi
understand the real reason for Easter and the sacred holiday that it is, I'm
pretty sure all she heard was candy, Easter Bunny, and Easter egg hunt. I
understand that she is two years old and that she probably won't really
understand what Easter is about until she is older. We decided to roll with it
and give her every possible opportunity to indulge in Easter egg hunts and
other traditional Easter activities.
Our Easter extravaganza started with an
Easter egg hunt in the company of about 10 or so of Lexi's (and mommy's)
friends from church. I organized a little gathering at the park where everyone
brought a dozen eggs (filled with healthy snacks) to hide and a snack for the
mommies to share. It turned out great! The kids had a blast finding all the
eggs, devouring the healthy snacks, and playing at the park, while the other
moms and I had a blast eating all the unhealthy treats we brought to share
amongst ourselves. I truly feel blessed
to have made such great friends in the short amount of time we’ve lived here.
(poor lexi kept losing her skirt. I swear the skirt is size 12-18 months. She is just too stinking skinny!)
Sunday morning brought a delicious breakfast
of home-made muffins, fried eggs, and bacon, Easter baskets, and another
opportunity to hunt Easter eggs…All before 9 AM church. After her practice round at the park Friday,
Lex was ready to hunt eggs like a champ.
There were 20 eggs, all of which were hidden really well (I think daddy
really wanted to challenge our Lexi girl).
She did a fantastic job with only a few hints from us until last egg. She
got totally stumped. It was a pink egg hiding on her pink car. She kept walking around it. We’d say, “Look behind you!!” She would start trying to look at her bum,
and say “I don’t see it, I can’t find it.”
Finally, I told her that maybe if she rode her car around she would be
able to spot it. No such luck. The egg was literally between her legs and
she still didn’t have a clue.
Eventually, she crashed into the fence and the egg rolled into the
grass. She spotted it and said, “oh, I
found it!” No clue that it was ever on
her car to begin with.
(Lexi found her basket, Gauge wasn't too interested in the festivities yet)
(the easter bunny brought him a few things anyways... some new sunglasses, binki's, and a bottle)
(lots of puzzles, a matching game, easter dress, books, and lots of candy!! Woo hoo)
(so fun doing our hunt outside this year!)
(I cannot believe I am such a slacker. This is the ONLY picture I got of either of the kids in their outfits.)
We had our last Easter egg hunt at cousin
Brandon’s house when we went over to eat Easter dinner with Ty’s family. There were a bunch of kids ranging in ages
from one to fourteen, so we split up into three groups, 1-3 year olds, 4-7 year
olds, and eight and up. Our family loves
being close to family for once since we’ve been married. Brandon and Dixie are always planning fun
stuff to do. Every time we tell Lexi we’re
going to their house she starts chanting, “PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!” Really, she’s right. It is always a party at their house J
Overall, we had a great Easter. The activities were awesome, but the
spiritual uplifting that I felt this season was even better. Easter is all about new beginnings and the
atonement. I am so grateful for my
Savior, Jesus Christ, and his atoning sacrifice. I have used the atonement a number of times
in my 23 year years here on this Earth, and I can promise I will probably use it
many more times. It is so great to have
the knowledge of the atonement. I am so
blessed to know that I am never alone.
My brother, Jesus, knows every feeling of my heart and has experienced
every pain and sorrow my heart has ever felt.
He has also felt every joy and happiness I have felt. It is wonderful to know that at every moment
there is someone I can turn to who knows EXACTLY how I’m feeling. I’m glad I am never alone. I love my savior with all my heart and I am
grateful for the blessing of his love in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment