Lexi watches Dora more then I’d like to admit. I always feel guilty plopping her in front of
the TV, but let’s face it, how else would I get things done? It’s not like she’s watching it is 24/7 or
anything like that. She watches for an
hour in the morning while I work out, and usually an hour at some other point
in the day. Okay, I guess two hours out
of her 12 hour day is quite a bit of TV.
Oh well.
Dora is really educational and Lexi is learning a lot while
watching. (I’m justifying away my
guilt). Anyways, I’m not sure if it’s
just because she watches Dora or because she is an explorer at heart, this
little girl LOVES exploring. I usually
take her on an “adventure” at least once a week where we go exploring.
It’s basically just a walk, but we bring a basket and collect
“treasures.” These treasures consist of
things ranging from flowers, to twigs,
to pinecones, to old dog-chewed tennis balls, to coins, or whatever else
catches her eye. One day she even found
a dried out, mold covered orange peel.
Yummy. We bring her basket into
the backyard when we get home and dump it out onto her little table to take
inventory of her loot. Then I get out
the paper and the paint and let her paint a nature picture using her treasures
as the paint brush.
A couple weeks ago a dear friend of mine invited us to go
explore the river bed with her and her little boy. The river bed is an awesome place full of all
kinds of treasures. Lexi had a blast
and so did I. I have a feeling we will
be returning there often.
(Lexi and her buddy Liam exploring in the dirt)
(Every Explorer needs a snack break! Lexi adores my friend Tatum)
No comments:
Post a Comment