What can I say? I
love going home. I love Colorado. Grand Junction is one of the most beautiful
places I have ever seen. When I’m away I
long for the beauty of the mountains, the sunsets, and the fresh air, not to
mention the delicious water. I am so
happy that my kiddos seem to love going back home to visit as much as I
do. For a week before we left, lexi was “packed”
for grandma’s house. She wanted to “go
on the big blue plane” first thing every morning. Next time, I am going to wait to tell her we’re
getting on the plane until we’re at the airport so I don’t have to disappoint
her every time she asks.
It seems like Gauge spends his life in the front pack. He loves being right in the action at all times, but it isn't unusual to find he's dozed off at some point. I'll notice his head hanging and drool running down my arms, while he takes a little cat nap, and then he wakes up laughing and pretending he'd been away the whole time.
Lexi's uncles are so good to her. She isn't always the nicest to them, but they are good to play with her despite her two-year-old outbursts.
I loved getting to spend some time with my niece and nephew while we visited. We got hannah all set up on Hailey. She loved riding the Horse. She wasn't scared at all.
I took Max and Gauge on their first horse ride. I hope they get to experience all kinds new things together as they grow up. I think they're going to be good friends, but Jess, I'm afriad we may be in for trouble with both these little guys are mobile :/
I thought Lexi would LOVE riding the horse, but her words were pretty clear. "Lexi, isn't this so fun?!?!" "No mom. This not so fun. This so scary. Get me out of here!!!" She never got back on the horse the rest of the week :(
We went on a big family hike, some walked, some rode horses, some rode for-wheelers. Lexi stuck to the quads.
We all went fishing down at the lake. Lexi tried fishing a couple times, but after catching a fish, which she thought was disgusting, she decided she'd just stick to eating goldfish by her uncle while he fished.
There are cabins up at Raggeed Mountain, but I decided it would be fun for all of us to "camp out" in the back of the Expedition. (mostly because there are a few little friends in the cabins, and by friends I mean mice. eeek!) It wasn't as uncomfortable as it looks. It was actually pretty cozy. We enjoyed singing primary songs til we fell asleep every night, snuggleing, and waking up to a nice brisk morning together. I think we'll do it again next year!
I hope her love for her brorther continues as they get older. She is so sweet with him and he adores her.
I could tell Gauge really enjoyed having a friend to play with too. He had fun giving McKinnly a ride in his carseat. They were both in giggling fits.
Anyways, we had a fabulous time visiting family and enjoying the mountain air. We rode horses, camped, and enjoyed a Thygerson Family reunion. It is always great to get everyone together. Lexi has dozens of cousins (well, second cousins) that are right around her age. She really enjoyed playing with them, riding four-wheelers, “hiking”, “camping out”, and eating all kinds of junk food, as did we all.
No comments:
Post a Comment