Sunday, August 5, 2012

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming


Better late than never?  I guess so.  Lexi had her first go at swim lessons the first two weeks of July.  To say she loved it would be a severe understatement.  She could barely contain her excitement while she waited until 1:30 every single day to go. 


This is right before we got in the pool her first day.  She was so frustrated that she had to wait for her swim instructors to call her over before she could get in the pool.  She was ready to jump right in and start "swimming".


The lessons were 30 minutes long.  For me, it was a LONG 30 minutes.  We did a mommy and me class, so I GOT to swim with Lexi.  The pool was FREEZING!! We're talking hypothermia inducing cold... well, almost.  Lexi usually was ready to get out about 20 minutes into the lesson every day.  She kept whispering, "Come mom.  Let's go.  We go home, swim at Lexi pool.  Okay?!" 


Here Lexi is "swimming" in "her" pool.  I must say, our pool is pretty awesome.  It is heated, really heated.  It feels like you're swimming in luke warm bath water.  (Ahhh, so nice after the FREEZING pool at swim lessons)  Lex hates wearing her floaties, but I insist.  She is convinced that she can really swim.  "Mom, I swim myself.   No you touch me.  I can do it myself!"  If I let go she does her swim arms and kicks her legs all the way to the bottom of the pool.  I grab her out (mostly, because if I didn't she would drown), and she goes, "see mom!  I swim!!"  Yeah, sure lexi, you can swim.  That girl has no fear.  She will just go jump right in.  She calls it "dunking in."  We have really enjoyed having the community pool as our neighbor this year.  We have so much fun having friends and family come swim with us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment