Saturday, November 3, 2012

Trick or Treats

I think Lexi has chosen her favorite holiday.  This year all I heard about everyday was "trick or treats this," and "trick or treats that."  Lexi was OBSESSED with what people were going to be for halloween and all of the trick or treats she would get.  She asked EVERY person she talked to (not an exaggeration  she even asked the poor produce guy at Ralphs) what they would be for halloween.  This year, she was a kitty cat, Gauge was a mouse, I was pocahontas, and Tyson was Hercules.

We kicked off Halloween festivities at the ward party.  I've been to my fair share of "trunk-or-treats" but this one was over the top.  There was a chili cook-off, bump-in-jump, tons of carnival games, and a stellar row of trunks full of treats.  Lexi loved seeing her friends, winning prizes, and getting "SOO MUCH CANDY."

you can't see his tail in this pictures, but while he crawled, it stuck up right.  It was pretty stinkin' adorable.

Lexi was catching some big fish!  She informed me "Silly goose, its not fish, it CANDY!!  I LOVE CANDY!!!"  Don't we all?  What I don't love is the 5 day sugar high that comes with an unlimited amount of candy.  Fun. Fun. Fun.


 Our poor little Kitten lost her tail.
This was the best picture of the both of them. 

Halloween day was an exciting and eventful at this Williams' house. I don't know where she got it from, but on hallow's eve, lexi informed me that "a cute little witch will come to my house and leave me tricks or treats to find when I wake up.  I so excited!  She bring me good tricks or treats."  (candy is now called tricks or treats at our house )  I was like shoot!  Ive never heard of the "Santa" of halloween?  Where did she hear about this?  But I figured, it sounded like a kind of fun tradition to start, so this little witch went out and bought some "tricks or treats" for my little kitty cat.  She woke up with squeals of delight.  "The witch came at my house!!! I love my tricks or treats!!"

I worked hard on a spooky breakfast for her and Tyson to enjoy.  Pumpkin shaped pumpkin pancakes with m&ms for the eyes, nose, and smile, and a skull and crossbone (two sunny side up eggs with one egg white, all fried together with hot sauce mouth and nose served over two strips of bacon).  

Then it was onto painting.


 This girl loves to paint.


I helped with the eyelashes.  That little pumpkin was Gauge's.  It has his perfect little feet prints.

Gauge rode in the stroller all over the neighborhood.  No "tricks or treats" for this kid.

We invited some friends to come raid our neighborhood   Halloween is probably the only advantage of living in houses so close together... mass amounts of candy in short amounts of time.

They were very polite with their please and thank yous this year.  A great improvement over lexi's "more" from last year.

This pumpkin was real.  It was so huge. 

Three cute girls!

awe (don't mind the hand in the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment