Sunday, August 18, 2013

Lexi These Days

she dresses herself, usually it matches pretty good.  My favorite thing about her dressing herself is her looking in the mirror after and saying, "I look good! Really good. Mom, say "lexi, you look good."  (it happens almost every day, yay for self confidence!)
 
Three in a Half and counting.  This girl is three going on thirteen.  She has so much sass in that little body that sometimes I don't know what to do with her sometimes.  We recently started a sticker chart and she has 3 stickers to start with, if she does her chores she gets more, if she is disrespectful she loses some.  She's really enjoyed it so far.  There are daily rewards for certain number of stars as well as weekly awards for milestone star marks.  Her current chores are helping unload the dishwasher, making her bed, putting her laundry away, brushing and flossing her teeth twice a day, and cleaning the playroom.
 
She is so incredibly smart that it scares me.  She craves knowledge and learning.  She is always asking my to "do school."  Right now she can write her own name unassisted, recognize the words CAT, DOG, DAD, and LOST.  If I tell her how to spell something she can write it out all by herself.  She can write and recognizes all of her letters, their sounds, and the numbers 1-10.  She can count to 13. 
 
Her favorites toys are "my favorite toys that I like are baby dolls, and letters, and letter puzzles.  Hmmm I like pink, hot pink and purple."  She is a great dancer and lyric writer.  I love hearing the songs she makes up.  They are so sweet and so heartfelt, or so silly and funny. 
 
 
 
 She is so excited for her new little sister to be here.  She couldn't believe how small and cute baby Tory is :)
 
Foods she loves: Organic Trader Joes pop tarts (with hot pink sprinkles), donuts, bacon, steak, chicken, and strawberries.
 
I am homeschooling her this year.  We chose to do the ABEKA 2-year kindergarten program.  We begin tomorrow and I cant wait!!  She is going to love it :)  It will definitely be an adventure with both of our strong personalities, but my goal is to make it fun!  I really don't care how much she learns this year, it is mostly about bonding and spending individual time with each child. 
Our first "theme" is outer space, so Tyson and I built this awesome spaceship for the kids to explore.  They love it!!
 
Lexi is so special to our family.  She is a born leader.  I am grateful I had her first so that she can set the example for my other kids.  She is so helpful and loving.  She is constantly giving my loves and telling me, "You're the best mommy ever."  It melts my heart! 
I love this little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment