(powdered donut aftermath)
I can't believe Gauge is 1 1/2. He is so smart, adventurous, and an overall sweet boy. He can reach anything! He is using multiple drawers as a ladder to climb on the counters. He carries little stools around and uses them to reach all kinds of things. It is impossible to "baby proof" everything, so I just spend my days following him around, constantly watching him. At 18 months his vocabulary is increasing at dramatic rates. He is fast mapping all kinds of words. As of yesterday these are the words he can say : mom, bite, dad, au-dee (Addie), bubble, bath, baby, hi, bye, K?(are you ok?), more, help, hold, come, dog, mine, shoes, book, and I'm sure more I missed. He will copy any word we say and is especially interested in saying and learning about colors. His favorite toys are his glass jar of marbles, his counting piggy bank piggy, and the metal shopping cart. His favorite foods are steak, hot dogs, chicken (basically anything he can dip in ketch-up), black berries and raspberries, chocolate milk, our home-made juiced veggies and fruit, yogurt, and gold fish. He wants to be in the middle of all the action, all the time. He loves playing with and imitating his sister. He is full of happiness and laughter. Gauge is still a great sleeper!! He recently changed his bedtime to 8:00 PM, but will sleep until 7:30 now, naps for three hours around 12:30 and does all of it in his crib. He loves his crib. I'm glad he's such a great sleeper.
He also loves shoes!! Especially ones that are too big.
I took the kids to Rain Forest Café for a date night and Gauge loved the moving animals and thunderstorms... They scared poor Lexi.
He is learning how to be "silly." He will put shirts on his head and just start laughing, or run into the wall on purpose, or do weird stunts to get a laugh out of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment