I couldn't imagine a better way to spend Thanks Giving than at the cabin with my little family. It was so nice to have Tyson all to myself for two whole days! There's no internet access at the cabin, so it was a work free zone. I think Ty was grateful for the much needed break as well.
There was too much snow to four-wheel very far, and not enough to snowmobile, so we didn't do a whole lot of cruising around, but we did have a great time playing games, enjoying the snow, building snowmen, eating yummy food, shooting guns, and enjoying spending time together as a family.
We were thrilled that my parents and brothers were able to come up and enjoy the cabin with us. My kids love their uncles and grandparents!!
I enjoyed spending time with them as well. It makes me sad I don't get to see them more often.
The first night we were up there we had no heat. It was FREEZING!!!!! We sure were glad to get the heater working the next evening.
The highlight of Lexi's week was shooting her gun. Santa brought her a little pink .22 rifle last year for Christmas. She talks about it all year long ("I want to go to the cabin and shoot stuff." or "Daddy, don't you ever just feel like shooting things? I wish we were at the cabin right now so I can go out and shoot stuff.").
They both really liked four-wheeling from the cabin to the shop and down the road a little ways.
Her's our girl with her best friend. I guess this is just more proof she belongs in our family. Ty and I counted our guns while we were in Colorado (sad when you have so many you lose count) and we had a whopping 25. I don't know if I should be ashamed of that number or proud. I guess I'll go with proud. There's something so fun and thrilling about shooting, that nothing else compares.
These two twinners in their matching coats :) Zach is so good with Gauge.
When asked if she wanted to shoot at the metal target or the target that looks like a rabbit, Lexi responded rabbit with no hesitation.
She's already a pretty good shot. She was able to hit the paper every time.
It was so cold we put our gloves on in between shots to keep our fingers from falling off.
Gauge kept going, "bam! BAM BAM!! BAM!" the whole time we were shooting. He'll fit right in.
These two play so good together... until they don't. I love seeing them laugh and play with each other.
Not a great shot of the cabin, but here it is.
They built a snowman. Lexi continues to talk about it two weeks later.... "He had tomato eyes, a carrot nose, and a carrot belly button. I put a ho-hawk on him with pine needles. I hope he's still there when we go back! I bet he'll never melt." It was a pretty cute snowman, but I'm pretty sure she'll be disappointing when we return and he's no longer there.
I am so grateful my mother-in-law created such a beautiful place for us to go and make memories. I know that my family will enjoy it for years to come and always remember her when we visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment