It's weird growing up. I always thought that when I was older, all the major holidays wouldn't be as fun without the suspense and surprise factor of being a young magic-believing child; however, I was wrong. Being a parent is twice as rewarding. I guess it's true what they say... It feels better to give gifts then to receive them.
As fun as it is buying gifts, I really want my kids to understand the meaning behind Christmas and Easter. We did the coolest FHE this year to try and do just that. I found out how to do resurrection eggs on Pintrest, I'd had leaders do them for me in the past... like way way past (10 + years ago), but I'd forgotten what was in each egg. It was so fun to relive the last few days of the saviors life with my kids eager to open up the next egg and find out what happened next. I loved seeing the emotion on Lexi's face when we talked of Jesus death. She was devastated. Then seeing the pure joy and delight as she found out that he lives was magical. She was so excited about the Resurrection.
Later that week we went on a big friends egg hunt at the Forsgrens, dyed eggs, painted "easter egg" rocks, made and decorated paper Easter eggs, and enjoyed the beautiful weather!
Their pre-egg hunt outfits. Adorable.
Gauge loved it!
Tyson loves dying the eggs as much as the kids do.
The Eater bunny treated these kids good.
Too cute for words!
This picture makes me grit my teeth. How did I get such pretty girls?
Don't mind their little pets. They didn't put them down all day.
Always happy, always smiling.
I thought his outfit was adorable. Lexi disagreed. "Mom! It's not Halloween!! Why is Gaugey boy dressed like a clown."
We finished up the day perfectly with family. We had Chris, Jess, and the kids over for dinner and another Egg hunt. I can't get enough eggs hunts. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment