Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Perfect Pet Piggy

We've been debating getting a pet for a while now.  It is hard.  You have to commit to a lot.  After a lot of research and exploration we finally decided a micro mini pig is the pet for us.  We started searching for breeders in our area and were disappointed when we found out how expensive the little buggers are!! We're talking 2,000 and up.  Crazy.  Plain Crazy to spend two grand on a pet.  We didn't.  We lucked out and found the perfect breeder who only charged us 500$.  Still a little too pricey for my liking but, I'll take it.  We got there and fell in love right away with the sweetest (though deathly frightened) little piggy.  We brought him home that day. On the way home we tried to come up with the perfect piggy name.. Bruce, Zeus, Pink Sparkle, Sizzle, Lex, Mit, chinny, Moley, and many more.  Zeus was the winner due to veto power by Dad.


All three kids are OBSESSED with her... Obviously.  I guess Ty and I are pretty fond of her too.  

This girl holds Zeus all day long!!

He loves Addie.  Addie liked holding the leash until he came up to her... then she was so scared and tried to crawl away as fast as she could looking at me with pleading eyes. 

Zeus doesn't love the harness yet... but soon, I'm sure he'll get used to it.  He's already making such great progress.  He isn't scared of us as much anymore and goes potty.  He's had only two accidents yesterday and one today.  Making progress.

Gauge just keeps saying, "where pig?" "Hi pig!!" "I lugh (love) you pig."  He's very sweet to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment