Living in Southern California, with millions of other people, it seems like there would be a lack free land to let the kids go out and explore, but the opposite it true. Even with its fast-pasted, free-way ridden ways, California offers multiple places to go out and enjoy nature. We are fortunate enough to have one literally within walking distance of our house. The Lake-bed is an open area, surrounded by big houses, with ample trails, blackberry bushes, trees, flowers, and wildlife. My kids never get home from the Lake-bed without being totally and completely wore out... just the way I like em'. ;)
About a month ago now (I am so behind on posting!!) we decided to have a little picnic and collect things to do our "nature paintings" my children are so fond of. We packed up a picnic lunch, loaded the stroller and headed over.
Addie loves riding in the stroller now. She feels like a big girl! I'm not ready to admit that she actually is getting to be quite the big girl now.
Lex loves her sister. She's always begging for a picture with her.
Yes, that is an Easter bucket we're using to collect our treasure.... Sometimes you just grab the closest thing, I've found myself being more creative than I ever thought possible now that I have three kids.
One outfit change when we got home, and I went to put Gauge and Addie down for naps, came downstairs and found her right there. She slept there for THREE hours!! Like I said, they come home utterly exhausted, every. single. time. and I LOVE it.
We saved our painting for the next day... She wanted to paint her like an "IndianWarrior" so we did.
No comments:
Post a Comment