The month
of May was utter chaos. We were going, going, going, and my mind is about gone.
We took Gauge on his first plane to go on a trip to visit Grandma and Grandpa
Thygerson in Grand Junction, CO. He did so good on the plane. Lexi was
especially excited to have her own seat this trip (her dad and I not so much
seeing as how we paid FULL PRICE for her little booty to have her own seat).
When the plane finally took off, Lexi's feelings of excitement were replaced
with feelings of intense fear. She was TERRIFIED! Tyson and I were shocked
because she's been on probably 20 plane rides that we can remember in her short
2 years of life... but in her defence, she was slightly out of practice seeing
as how it had been well over six months since we last flew somewhere.
Anyways,
moving on. We went home to visit and to see my little (well, not so little
anymore) brother graduate high school.
Lexi was
thrilled to be able to spend 10 whole uninterrupted days with her uncles. I was
thrilled to have someone to entertain her for 10 straight days, although I did
kind of miss her (even though we slept in the same room every night, she wanted
nothing to do with me while her uncles and grandparents were around... which is
exactly how it should be :) ). Here are some pictures, or as I like to call
them proof.
Lexi loved
learning how to play lacrosse with her uncles. I gave it a go myself and I
loved it! It's a pretty fun sport. I wish they would have had it around when I
was in high school.
Lexi was her grandpa's shadow all week long! She was at his side as soon as he got home from work until she went to bed. I think my dad enjoyed her company as much as she enjoyed his :)
She loved being pulled in the wagon. I can't believe that thing is still in near perfect condition. I remember riding in that as a kid.
This is Lexi's
new way to pee. I don't have ANY idea where she learned that. It certainly
wasn't from me!! But hey, I'm not really complaining. She can now do the whole
potty thing all by herself!!! Ah, sweet freedom :)
She became a "pro" skateboarder....
Gauge was one happy camper at the William's Family Cabin. He loves his grandma.
Lexi shot
her first .22 rifle while we were up there. She absolutely LOVED it!! She kept
saying, "Dad, come on. I want to go shoot things." Uh oh, it looks
like we'll have to add a miniature .22 rifle to our ever expanding gun
collection :)
We snapped one family photo. We all missed CJ while we were together, but know he is doing important work in Columbia.
LOVED 4-wheeling... but really who doesn't?
We loved cooking over the fire while we were up in the mountains. We made tin foil dinners one night and hot dogs the next. We also indulged in a s'more or two or ten... oops.
This sums up the week. She had to be right next to her uncles at all times, copying exactly what they were doing.
She told
us she'd be right back and went into Zach's room and came out wearing his pjs
on. Then she danced around the room laughing her deepest belly laugh. It was
pretty hilarious.
We weren't
quite ready to leave Colorado after only 10 short days, but we're excited to
make our way back there in July.
sounds like fun!! i can't believe how big lexi is getting!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like SOO much fun! It definately looks like Lexi loves her Uncles - but then again, who doesn't love those guys!
ReplyDeleteHaha! I love Lexi backwards peeing!
ReplyDelete