This is the story of two kids who fell in love, got married, and started a life together. We've built a pretty great life for our family so far. I can't wait to see what surprises the future has in store for us.
Sunday, September 16, 2012
Love, laughter and Lexi
Why are my kids growing up so fast?? I guess that's how things are supposed to go, but it's tough. Even though I am fortunate enough to get to spend 24-7 with these sweet little guys, I still feel like time is passing me by and I am not enjoying them enough. Before I know it, these days will be gone.
At two-in-a-half (and that is EXACTLY what she tells people when they ask how old she is. I didn't even teach her that, she just started saying it one day) lexi is full of love and laughter. She is trying to figure out "what is funny" and what is not. I get asked about 10-12 times a day (at least) "that funny mom?" Most of the time its not, and I don't want her to have a weird sense of humor, so I tell her it isn't really funny. Then she just keeps trying different things to see if it is funny or not. Fun times.
She is super smart, really good at talking, and a great helper. She loves to learn. Right now she knows most of her colors really well, a few shapes, how to count to 16 (but skips a few numbers... 1, 5,6,7,8,9,10,13,14,15,16), her alphabet (but she adds a few impromptu e-i-e-i-o's in there), and how to write an H, O, and L. She thinks whenever she sees and "L" that it is her name.
We currently go to the library 1-2 times a week for a story time class. She really enjoys it. Her friend from our ward goes too. I love that she has friends, but they get to talking and playing with each other during story time and become quite a distraction. I feel bad for their teachers when they get older. After class we go pick out a few books (by a few, I mean about 30. The girl loves to read!) I usually ask her what she wants to learn about this week. She has chosen fire trucks, kittens, dogs, and lately the alphabet. We usually do activities all week corresponding with the books we're reading. It is a lot of fun!
Our favorite activities involve cooking, baking, and artwork. She loves to paint!! She has a fabulous imagination and I can always find her upstairs "teaching" her class (5 of her favorite toys, that she sets in chairs in a strait line about two feet in front of her rocking chair). She sings them a welcoming song (good morning, good morning, how are you today?). Then reads them a book (I am constantly shocked at how much she knows. She must pay attention more than it seems like she is because she will read them books almost word for word. She has five favorites that she will read, or she will tell her versions of Goldilocks and the three bears or the three little pigs).
She loves "working out" with Tyson and I. She can lift the 18 lb kettle bell. She does lunges, squats, push-ups, pull-ups, block jumps, and sprints. It is pretty impressive. I'm not like a crazy mom, who MAKES her work out. She just really wants to. I love that she wants to be active. I hope she grows up to be an active, healthy, and fit person.
Her favorite foods are spaghetti, pizza, steak and pretty much any meat off the bone. She also LOVES cookies, candy, cake, ice cream, and any other sweet treat she can find. Poor girl definitely got my sweet tooth, dang it!
She loves to sing, dance, and perform. She acts shy, but she loves attention. She is my little ray of sunshine, always making me laugh and smile. She is so sweet. She is thoughtful and kind. The past 2 1/2 years have been the fastest of my life. I wish time could stand still (well, not at this exact moment, both kids are screaming, but when they're both being sweet and happy :) ).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment