Saturday, October 27, 2012

Crazy eight


Gauge is already 8 months.  I wish there was a pause button.  I say it over and over, and hear it over and over, but it is seriously true, time is going by way too fast.  I feel like although I am enjoying every moment (well, almost every moment ;)  ), I feel like I miss so many moments still.  I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be a stay-at-home-mom.  My happiest and most fulfilling days are the days where it is just me and my kids playing, laughing, and enjoying life together.  

I know this is a late post, but life gets crazy.  Life gets hectic.  Nap-times are sparse around my house these days.  It seems like Gauge is too busy playing and not wanting to miss out on ANYTHING going on and Lexi is "too big" for naps.

Gauge is two weeks shy of nine months now, but at eight months he was doing a lot of the same things as seven months, but faster and more efficiently.  He started standing for seconds at a time without support.  He was walking around furniture, eating solid (baby) food like a mad-man.  He loved watching lexi and trying to figure out toys.  His happiest place to be in our house is in the playroom.  He LOVES lexi's mini-kitchen.  He gets into the cupboards and pulls everything out, laughing a giggling the whole time.  He thinks he is getting away with making a mess and that he is being "naughty" (which he loves to be), when really he is just playing and I am just fine with that.  It is way better then him taking everything out of the cupboards downstairs.  


This picture is the best I could get.  He was kind of grumpy and did not want to participate, dang it!

No comments:

Post a Comment