Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter

I really want my kids to understand the real meaning of Easter.  I don't want it to be all about the bunny that delivers eggs, candy, and gift baskets.  I want them to know that our Savior came to this  Earth, suffered for our sins, hung on the cross, and then overcame death so that one day we can all be resurrected.  I am so grateful for the resurrection and the atonement in my life.  Especially right now as I watch my sweet mother-in-law battling cancer.  She has been so tough and has been in so much pain!  It is comforting for me to know that she is not alone.  Jesus Christ suffered all the pains she faces now and is constantly with her.  
Lexi knows that Jesus was resurrected and that he died for us.  I don't think she'll really understand the concept of atonement for a long time, heck, I don't think I fully grasp it myself; but I ok with that.  At the end of the day on Easter in her prayers she said, "Thank you Jesus for dying for me and being resurrected."  It's times like these when I think that maybe, just maybe, I am doing an okay job as a mom.

She was a peaker.  We were making her wait so we could get camera's and camcorders going before they came in.


Gauge was mostly hungry and was frustrated we weren't feeding him right away.




Gauge threw the first egg he found.  I think he was trying to figure out how to open it.



Lexi loved finding eggs.

Gauge loved eating what was inside the eggs... rainbow, sticky drool everywhere.  yikes! 


She's a pretty cute kid.  She is so appreciative of new clothes it makes it fun to shop for her.

Gauge, despite being adorable and happy almost all of the time, will not sit still for pictures.  As soon as I put him down he sprints in the opposite direction as fast as his little legs will carry him.

Lexi was saying, "come over here buddy!! Dance with me.  Come on.  Cheese and crackers. Look at mom!"

We enjoyed having dinner at Brandon and Dixies house and had another easter egg hunt for the kids over there.  I love living close to family.



No comments:

Post a Comment