June 6, 2008. A date I will never forget. On that day I was sealed to the love of my life, my best friend, for time and eternity. It was the best day of my life up to that point.
For some reason, people don't seem to tell you that marriage is hard. It is work, but it is worth it. We have had some rough times the past five years and we have had some really great times. The good must have outweighed the bad because we're still together ;) I thought it would be fun to surprise Tyson with a love note and 5 of my favorite memories of us together.
I took the kids to the store and we got 5 balloons, then I wrote out my memories and tied them up to surprise Ty when he got home from work. I also got him a new watch to remind him how important time is to me. It goes by so fast and I feel like the kids and I don't get to spend near enough time with him.
Tyson had some surprises of his own for me. When I got home from the grocery store, there was a bouquet of beautiful flowers for me and a sweet note on the doorstep. He also got me a gorgeous necklace with gauge and Lexi's birthstone in it :) (sadly I didn't get a picture of it).
I did take time to snap a quick selfie. 28 weeks pregnant and feeling great.
Tyson took me out to dinner at the Summit House and to a movie. It was the perfect way to celebrate 5 years of marriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment