Tuesday, November 5, 2013

All I want for Christmas is Gaugey Boy's Front Teeth

Poor Gauge.  We thought we were free and clear after his spill in the shower this summer. 
(day after picture)

(three days after picture)
 
His teeth fell back into their natural positions, looked great, and life went on.  Last Friday, however, he fell down the stairs.  No harm. No foul.  It happens more often then you'd think.  I was checking him out to make sure his teeth were in tact and that he hadn't suffered any serious injuries.  Upon inspection, I noticed two blisters in the top of his mouth by his upper lip. 
(couple months after his fall, no noticeable damage at all.  Ps don't mind his sister's fuzzy slippers.  He is very obsessed with her shoes lately.)
 
We took him to the dentist Monday morning, and he affirmed my fears.  Two abscessed teeth. :(  Not even the two side he hurt but his two front teeth.  They needed to pull them. I was devastated.  His little smile would forever be changed!   
 
We took him in Tuesday morning for them to pull them.  They made Tyson and I wait in the waiting room while they took him back.  We had to sit there and helplessly listen to him screaming for 30 minutes.  He was crying so hard by the time he was back in my arms that he couldn't catch his breath. :( :( :(  Worst thing I've been through as a parent thus far. 
 
He calmed down within 5 minutes of being in my arms and was a trooper ever since.  So sweet.  So happy.
 
I'm glad to say that I think he is still as adorable as ever.  The thing about Gauge is his smile starts in his eyes and radiates outward.  He still has the sweetest smile I've ever seen.  It brings me so much joy every single day.  I am so grateful for this adventurous little man in my life.  He truly has stolen my heart!

(this was later the day his teeth were pulled, happy as can be after bath time)

1 comment:

  1. I almost cried just thinking about you going through that, i am so sorry! Glad he is doing better! I agree, his smile is as cute as ever :)

    ReplyDelete