Friday, December 30, 2011

Santa Clause is Coming To Town…. And He’s Bringing the Thygersons!!!


Christmas was a fun, yet hectic time this year.  We’d only been moved into our house for two weeks before Christmas.  I was a little sad because I was too pregnant to travel this year.  It was going to be the last time the family was together for four years.  My little brother CJ left on a mission to bogita, Columbia the 28th of December, and my little brother Trey is leaving June, 2013.  

I was so excited to finally hear the news that my whole family was coming to California for Christmas!! I couldn’t wait to show them my new house and the new life Tyson and I have created for our-selves.
Lexi sat waiting and waiting for her uncles to get here.

They finally arrived on Wednesday.  Lexi was ecstatic to see all of her uncles and Grandma and Grandpa Thygerson.  Thursday we ventured out to Hollywood.  We enjoyed walking up and down the walk of fame, going to the wax museum, and driving around Beverly Hills. 


Hollywood is an interesting place to say the least.  It was diry and gross for the most part, but we still had a good time :)





Maybe even a little too much fun lol



Even my mom and dad got pretty into it.




However, by far, the best part of our day trip was going to the LA temple with my whole family.  There was a sweet and special spirit felt as we toured the brand new visitor center.  I couldn’t help but imagine how it will be like in the next life when we are all united again in the most peaceful and serene place of all.  What a wonderful time it will be :)



Friday we took my family, plus cousins Audrey and Corbin, to Six Flags Magic Mountain.  It was AWESOME!!  There were tons of “big people” rides.  My brothers had a great time going on all of the different thrill seeker’s rides.  I knew it was a successful day when everyone left the park with roller-coaster-induced-headaches and a couple fun memories.



Sadly, this was one of four rides that Lexi was big enough to go on.


The kids LOVED this boat ride.


Lexi, on the other hand, was terrified. 

On Christmas Eve, the boys enjoyed a morning surf session followed by an afternoon of Sherlock Holms and shopping for last minute Christmas gifts.  But don’t worry, it wasn’t all work and no play for the girls.  While the boys had their fun, Lexi and I enjoyed a nice day with my mom.  Nothing better than a quality mother daughter day :)

That night we upheld the tradition of appetizers, sparkling cider, dessert, and opening one gift… a new pair of pajamas to wear on Christmas day.  Lexi loved singing Christmas songs and kept saying “More! More!!”

Christmas day was spectacular.  We all got spoiled beyond measure.  It was a wonderful day filled with good food, church, and family.  I can’t believe it is the last Christmas that the whole family will be together for four years.


Lexi loved her new "balance" bike.  It teaches them to balance so that they can skip the training wheels. 


Cousins Brandon and Dixie are living in a rental right on the beach.  This is literally right out their back door.  We had so much fun spending Christmas with their family.


My parents got Lexi a new car for Christmas.  She LOVES it!!!  She also loves the kitchen Ty's parents got her.  She is one spoiled girl!


Really, Lexi doesn't wear this shirt everyday.  But I am proud to say that a friend of mine and I got together to make these adorable "Christmas shirts" for our daughters.  Lexi is so funny because she loves wearing outfits I make.  She is too cute!

One last family picture for a few years.  Hopefully, I'll be about 30 pounds lighter in the next one :/.


Noogie Noogie Noogie
 
We hope everyone had as happy and blessed Christmas as we did.  Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment