Saturday, December 17, 2011

~Welcome Home~

Home sweet home, we are home at last!!!  Finally, after a five-month process we are moved into our first bought home.  I cannot believe what a huge process it was.  I never expected buying my first home to be so difficult, but believe me, it was one of the longest, hardest, most frustrating, and exciting processes of my whole life.  I am so glad it is OVER!!!
We closed on our house while we were in Grand Junction visiting, so I had to wait two whole weeks before I could do any unpacking.  We did sneak in before we closed and unpacked the kitchen.  It was nice to have that part done with.  I had the painter come while we were out of town so the house would be move-in-ready upon our return.
Here is the street view.
We got back late Saturday night and didn’t waste any time.  Sunday morning, Ty moved most of the heavy furniture inside with the help of his wonderful father while I got started on organizing our closet. We worked on that part most of the day Sunday and Monday morning it was back to work for ty.  I unpacked the whole house by myself in two days.  Not trying to brag or anything…oh wait, yes I am!  I was pretty impressed with my 32-week pregnant self.  I could barely walk Wednesday morning, but it was so nice to have everything in its place.
Here are some shots of our bedroom.



The entry to the master bathroom....


Lexi LOVES my bathtub.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Our closet is HUGE, but I feel like I need a to install a closet organizer to use all of the space.
We didn’t have a fridge, but Ty had ordered one and was supposed to bring it home Monday night.  They boys struggled to bring it into the house, only to find that it was the wrong color once they unwrapped it from the box!!  I made ty take me to buy a new fridge that was the right color Monday night.  Now we are stuck with two fridges, which is better than no fridges I guess. 

Here are some pictures of our family room/kitchen area.





Everything is pretty much done now. Once the trash is gone out of the garage I should be able to park my car in there!
Here are some pictures of the entry way, study, kid's bathroom, and Gauge's room.




I can't believe I had time to unpack everything and decorate for christmas in the same week, but by some miracle it got done.  However, I am out of energy for the rest of December ;)


We were at the store shopping for Lexi's bathroom and she found this.  She HAD to have it.  She threw a few trash cans, two shower cutains, four tooth brush holders, one soap dispencer, and four rugs into the basket.  She kept saying, "oh yeah!  Basket.  Oh yeah! Basket!  I need it, I need it, Oh I need it."  It was pretty funny.  I felt bad when I had to tell the cashier we only wanted about half the stuff that was in our cart.


Poor Gauge.  His walls are pretty bare.  I still haven't found any suitable wall decor.  But hey, I 've still got 8 weeks left to look :/ 


Lexi LOVES her new big-girl bed and her room. 


She is pretty adorable.  She is pretty excited about her closet doors being mirrors.... I am not as excited.  She likes to kiss her self on the mirror or lick it then rub her spit around with her hands.  Basically, I am cleaning mirrors about 10 times a day.


She also loves the playroom.  I am excited to see how good she is at cleaning up after herself.  She has a little of my anal personality in her :)





We are really enjoying our new house and I feel so fortunate that we were able to find such an awesome house in such a spectacular ward!  I am surprised to say that although I still miss Colorado, I am started to LOVE California!!  I am really grateful that heavenly father wants us to be happy and tries to make sure things work out in a way that will make us happy in the end.

1 comment:

  1. i loved your house!! so adorable!!!! i forgot to check out your room though! the master bathroom is sweet!

    ReplyDelete