Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Years!!

Every year at this time people reflect on past resolutions and make resolutions for the upcoming year.  It seems like a lot of people joke about how it's a waste of time to make resolutions no one keeps.  I on the other hand think that making goals to try and better one's life is a great thing to do.  What's wrong with trying to make yourself a better person? 

I am one of those people who sets new years resolutions every year.  Sometimes I accomplish them all, and sometimes I only accomplish a few.  This year I have made  a pretty extensive list of ways I want to improve my life. 

One of the things I want to improve most in the upcoming year is my testimony.  I want to be better about organizing family home evening for my family every week, reading my scriptures daily, and having personal and couple prayer more often.  I always use the excuse that I don't have enough time to do my personal scripture study every day, but the truth is I have plenty of time during the day.  I waste about 20-30 minutes a day on facebook or watching a TV show.  Why not use that time to study my scriptures or plan a family home evening lesson?  

Another thing I want to improve on is being a mom.  I want to be a more patient and engaged mom.  I want to really play with Lexi and enjoy her more fully.  I play with her a lot as it is, but I feel like I should be enjoying it even more than I do.  She is such a fun and sweet girl.  She deserves a good mom who does fun activities with her and takes her on adventures that challenge her mind. 

 I also want to improve my body this year.  I want to lose all the baby weight from Gauge (and keep it off!!).  I want to work out at least four days a week.  I feel like breaking a good sweat a day helps me maintain what little sanity I have left.  I also want to run a few more half marathons this year.  Working out and making my body look the way I want it to is one thing I can do for myself.  I think as a mom it is important to be selfish sometimes and to do something for yourself every once in a while.  As a mom we go and go and go doing things for everyone else all day long.  Its so important to take the time to take care of ourselves.

Lastly, I want to learn how to crochet and I also want keep a better journal (via blogging :) ). 

I hope everyone enjoys their New Years Eve and good luck on all the resolutions everyone is making :)

1 comment: