Tuesday, January 3, 2012

From Three to Four

These past couple of weeks I have been really trying to enjoy my time with Lexi.  She is such a fun and adorable little girl.  We have had so much fun the past two years with it being just the three of us.  She has such a fun and happy personality (most days), that it is easy to enjoy spending time with her.

The past three or four weeks she has requested that I rock her to sleep.  I don't mind it.  I love that special time I get to spend with her every night, rocking and singing to her.  I know it makes her feel important, loved, and safe.  I love holding her while she sleeps and looking at her flawless face.  I cannot believe how blessed I am that I get to stay home with her and be her mommy.

I am a little worried about how she will adjust once Gauge is born.  I hope she will merge into her role as "big sister" and "protector" without hesitation.  We are all so excited for Gauge to make his appearance.  I cannot believe in less than five weeks we will be holding a newborn baby again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment