Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas at the Cabin; the final Christmas of 2012


We left Grand Junction Dark and early on Christmas Eve morning to head to the cabin.  Everyone was exhausted, but we were excited to enjoy our first ever Christmas at the Cabin!

Thanks to my awesome sister and brother-in-law, the cabin was all decorated... lights and all (I cannot believe Chris got up on a ladder in icy, freezing conditions to put lights on the cabin to surprise his mom!  What a good son)  This cute tree was cut right outside the cabin :)  How fun is that?

Aren't lexi and I stockings adorable?  (they're made from fur)
The boy's stockings

the kids were excited to be reunited once again :)
auntie jess helped the kiddos bake sugar cookies for Santa

 
Then Papa helped decorate.

We went sledding.  A lot.  It was a blast.  Lexi only made one (well half of one) run down the mountain with uncle Chris on his sled before she fell off the front of the tube, face first, in the snow, and got ran over.  The snow was so powdery she got pushed right down in it.  I ran (as fast as I could, but it took forever in the knee high snow) up the mountain to grab her.  I pulled her up and she had a bright red face full of snow and tears and vowed never to go sledding again... EVER.  She held true to her word until I forced her to go down a little hill with me.  She yelled, "this is NOT fun!!!!!"  After that she stuck to be pulled around on the little kid sled.  Better luck next year, Lex.

"This is fun mom.  This is ok."

Gauge loved being pulled with his sister!  He loves her to pieces.

Grammy and Papa got everyone matching jammies for Christmas!! So much fun!!

I love my little family.

The jammies ran a little big.... Uncle Chris is silly!

So fun to all be together for Christmas!

Trying to get four kids to look at the camera, at the same time, while smiling might be impossible.  I'm not saying it CAN'T be done, I'm just saying we couldn't do it.  This was the best picture out of 15... yes, I am not exaggerating.  FIFTEEN photos.

Lexi's face when she opened her new gun :)  Priceless

Can't believe it's been 5 christmas as a married couple.... nine as a couple.  CRAZY

Papa got everyone new ski hats.  

Yep, Ty too.



I am one lucky mom!

We got Max a stick horse, cowboy hat, and some six shooter for Christmas.  He's easily the cutest cowboy I have ever seen!!

Santa brought Lexi a new Cricuit! (Its a single shot .22 rifle for little kids, the one she asked for... pink and all, she is definitely her father's daughter!)

Gauge loved the snow (even if he did have to use his sister's old pink snow-boots)


Lexi's favorite thing was to stomp around in the snow.  We couldn't build snowmen because it was too cold and so the snow wouldn't stick together AT ALL.

Lex took great care of Gauge all week.  I cannot believe what a great sister she is.  

Well, Christmas is done and over with.... until next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment