Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Adventures at Oak Glen

I was oh so home sick for crisp fall air, changing leaves, and the mountains.  Someone mentioned Oak Glen was exactly what I needed to feel at home.  With our move to a new place, I felt like we needed to start some new traditions to help us feel more at home.  I decided to check out Oak Glen for a fun Saturday family outing.

(enjoying a picnic)

(enjoying the stroll)

(girl's got attitude)


(how can you not love that face?)

(hatchet throw.... some people frown upon giving a two year old a weapon, not this family)

(hayride)
When we got there I was a little disappointed. While it was a fun place (one I plan on revisiting every year), it was not at all what I expected.  I was expecting to feel crisp fall air, enjoy some change in seasons, and see some mountains.  It was on a hill, not a mountain, the 83 degree weather was not exactly the cool crisp air I had so desperately hoped for, and only a few trees had leaves changing on them.  It was fun to get sacks and collect our own apples, press our own cider, go on a hay ride,and visit an old working farm.  Now that I know what to expect, I won't be disappointed next year.  We ended up having so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment