Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkin Carving 2012

One of my favorite activities around halloween is carving pumpkins as a family.  I think it is a fun tradition and I won't lie, I get pretty into it.  This year,  carving pumpkins was different with two kids.  While Tyson enjoyed a leisurely evening carving his pumpkin, I got to help clean up dinner, clean up pee, hold Gauge while he screamed, then put the kids to bed.  Needless to say, my pumpkin did not get carved,  Lexi's got 1/2 carved (the guts are out, but that's it), and poor Gauge didn't get to participate in the festivities at all.  

(This kid had a blast crawling on all the pumpkins)

(Lexi chose two little pumpkins for her and gauge and a big one for me and ty.  She also had to have a gord)

(Lexi "helping" ty with his pumpkin)

(daddy hard at work)

(no-pants dance for this kid)



I couldn't let that be how this years pumpkin carving extravaganza ended, that's why I decided to have a redo pumpkin decorating day while daddy was a work.  Here are how ours turned out.


(This girl loves arts and crafts.  She is too cute for words sometimes.)


(I did the eyelashes on lexi's face.  Gauge just did his foot prints)


(Lex made sure to paint her ENTIRE pumpkin.  Her motto of the day was "no-side left unpainted") 

No comments:

Post a Comment